1) Go to developers.facebook.com and click on Log In in the top right. Log in using your personal Facebook credentials.
Note: The personal Facebook account that you use to register as a developer does not need to be associated in any way with the page or group whose posts you want to display. You can use the Access Token you receive to display the posts from any public Facebook page or open group.
Note: You cannot log in to the Developer site using a Facebook Page or Business account. You must use the username and password from your personal Facebook profile. Facebook doesn’t allow businesses to register as developers, only individuals.
2) If this is your first time signing in to the Facebook Developer portal then click on Register. Registering is a quick an easy process which will take less than a couple of minutes. If you’re already registered then you can skip ahead to step 7.
3) Accept the Facebook terms and click Next.
4) Enter your phone number to confirm your account.
5) Facebook will send you an automated text message containing a confirmation code. Enter it in the box and click Register.
6) You’re now registered as a Facebook Developer. Click Done.
7) Hover over My Apps and then click on Add a New App.
8) Click on basic setup.
9) Enter your App Name. This can be anything you like. Choose a Category. Click Continue.
10) Complete the Security Check and click Submit.
11) Your App should now be set up. Copy and paste your App ID and App Secret (shown below) into the fields in the next step to retrieve your Access Token.
12) Enter your App ID and App Secret below and click Get my Access Token.